Hello Zeromedia readers, Halo! If you’re looking for a delicious and easy appetizer or snack to serve at your next party or potluck, look no further than this crowd-pleasing spinach dip recipe. Made with simple ingredients and ready in just a few minutes, this dip is sure to be a hit with everyone. Follow these easy steps to make your own yummy spinach dip at home!
- 1 (10 oz) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Step 1: Prepare the Spinach
Start by thawing the frozen spinach and draining it well. You want to make sure all the excess water is removed so that your dip doesn’t end up watery. You can do this by placing the spinach in a colander and pressing out as much liquid as possible, or by wrapping it in a clean kitchen towel and squeezing out the water.
Step 2: Mix the Ingredients
In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sour cream, and mayonnaise until smooth and creamy. Add the Parmesan cheese, green onions, garlic powder, and black pepper, and stir to combine. Finally, add the spinach and mix well. You can do this by hand or with an electric mixer.
Step 3: Chill and Serve
Transfer the dip to a serving bowl and cover it with plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving to allow the flavors to meld together and the dip to firm up. Serve with your favorite chips, crackers, or veggies for dipping.
Tips and Tricks:
- For even more flavor, try adding a pinch of cayenne pepper, some chopped artichoke hearts, or a dash of hot sauce to your spinach dip.
- Make your spinach dip in advance and store it in the fridge for up to 3 days. Just be sure to give it a good stir before serving.
- If you prefer a hot dip, try baking your spinach dip in the oven until it’s bubbly and golden brown on top.
- If you’re short on time, you can also make this dip using fresh spinach. Simply blanch a few cups of spinach in boiling water until wilted, then chop and drain it well before adding it to the dip.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I use fresh spinach instead of frozen?
Yes, you can definitely use fresh spinach if you prefer. Just be sure to blanch it first to remove any excess water, then chop and drain it well before adding it to the dip.
Can I make this dip ahead of time?
Absolutely! In fact, making the dip ahead of time can help the flavors meld together even more. Just be sure to store it in the fridge until you’re ready to serve.
What should I serve with spinach dip?
Spinach dip is delicious with a variety of dippers, including tortilla chips, pita chips, crackers, and raw veggies like carrots, celery, and bell peppers.
Spinach Dip Nutrition Information:
|Nutrient||Amount per Serving|
Thank you for reading, Zeromedia friends. We hope you enjoy this delicious spinach dip recipe. Check out our other interesting articles on our website and happy cooking!